Qaitlin Peterson

My photo
Appalachian State University, B.S Anthropology, 2010 University of Michigan, Master of Social Work (MSW), Pending December 2011

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Load


Role Play
            On Thursday, I finished my forensic assessment training.  After going through the schedule for the office, several of my co-workers and I crammed into a small office to practice our in-take skills.  One co-worker pretended to be a caregiver while each of us facilitated a forensic interview. 
            Overall, my interview captured the needed information from the pseudo-client.  I went through the confidentiality agreement and gathered information on the family and abuse.  I was nervous at first, but I became more comfortable as I asked the questions.  The more practice I can get the better.    

Casework
            Today, June 15, I was handed my caseload.  I spent the day familiarizing myself with twelve different client files.  I set up appointments with each of the client’s caregivers for next week.  It took all day to make appointments.  I contacted the caregivers by phone or by sending out letters.  My calendar is filled with meetings, events, and forensic interviews.  Now, I just need to find time to debrief….

All I can say is thank the world for Stephanie, Kristen, and Taylor.  My helping professional support group.  Without your support and our round robin debrief, I would not be sane right now.  

1 comment:

  1. Great that you are a good team. You all are dealing with heavy caseloads and heart rending realities. Keep it up. You are special.

    ReplyDelete