Qaitlin Peterson

My photo
Appalachian State University, B.S Anthropology, 2010 University of Michigan, Master of Social Work (MSW), Pending December 2011

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hot Cross Nuns


         On Tuesday night, after a long day of planning and meetings, the crew made our way to University of Cape Town’s Baxter Theater to see Hot Cross Nuns.   Not Your Midnight Mass is a famous South African A Cappella group.  Our crew sat down in the black box theater expecting to see a comedy about nuns.  Well, turns out, that the performance was hilarious, but had nothing to do with nuns.  The group performed songs like Nature Boy, Cannon in D, and Working Class Hero using only their voices.  The group and myself left the theater pleasantly surprised and sore from laughing.
            Throughout the performance, I thought of how brave performers are to put themselves out in front of the world.  I also thought about all of the performers I have known in my life.   To one particular performer and friend I want to say:  Happy Birthday, Nick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment